Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's Nov. 5, and we all know what that means...

Christmas is just a few short weeks away!!!

And if you somehow managed to forget that, just walk into any store, and you will be pushed, kicking and screaming, into the holiday season.

Thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks, and I got all excited, thinking about party planning (not to mention the food). I found the cutest paper plates on sale - except I am not having a Thanksgiving party, so I didn't buy them. I will go to Thanksgiving parties, but because I don't have a big enough place, I won't be hosting any. That I am aware of right now. So this means that the handy-dandy FlyLady Holiday Control Journal sections on planning for your big holiday party can be crossed off. Cause I'm not having one.

So, I am focusing on holiday planning in the sense that I am checking my gift-wrapping supplies, and thinking about what weekends I have free, and when I can start my holiday baking. I had to stop myself from buying Christmas tree decorations yesterday, even though I found a bunch that I loved. I will wait until they go on sale, because honestly, there are more than six weeks until Christmas. They will go on sale. Anticipation will make it more fun.

I honestly wish they would wait until after Thanksgiving to put out all of the Christmas decorations. It would make it more fun. By the time Christmas rolls around, I just get sick of seeing it everywhere. January 1st rolls around, and the only thought in my head, is "Happy New Year! Let's take the Christmas Tree down!"

1 comment:

dive said...

You're lucky. The shops over here are full of Christmas from August onwards!
Takes a lot of the joy out of it.
And November 5 means something altogether different over in old Blighty.