Sunday, November 12, 2006

Boring Sunday

... waiting to see if the 10 yards of black satin or taffeta or whatever synthetic it is survives it's trip through the wash and dryer (low heat).

This material was stiff enough that when I slid the cardboard bolt out of it, it held it's shape and was stiff enough that it didn't drape over my arm. Yikes. I had a heck of a time shoving it into the washing machine. It wasn't that there was too much material, just that it is really stiff. I was hoping that washing it would help, but it was still pretty stiff when I pulled it out of the wash.

I am hoping that it will get softer after a trip through the dryer. As it is right now, it's pretty unuseable. This was an impluse buy that I should have left at the store.

In about seven minutes I'll know if it is useable...

Update: It's useable, but I don't like it. It's cheap looking, and just not good. Luckily it came from the $1/yard table at Wal-mart, so I am not out much. Maybe I'll find a use for it, or give it to someone who needs it.

No comments: