Friday, November 24, 2006

Day after Thanksgiving

I have lots of things to do today. And I did not sleep well last night at all. I couldn't get warm. Right now my head hurts from lack of sleep.

I have to go up to the station to work on mom and dad's office computer. This computer decided awhile ago to forget quite a bit of what it knew about how my mom had the user account set up. This ought to be interesting. A wipe and reinstall isn't practical for several reasons, the main one being that the program they use to manage the shop has a one-time license, on a floppy. If you have to reinstall, you have to have them mail another floppy. Which is dumb. The other reason is that I really don't want to spend six hours today at the shop. Unfortunately, I think it is going to have to be done sooner rather than later. Windows. Yuck.

And that's just the start of it.

Lots of stuff going on today.

1 comment:

dive said...

And here I was, cursing my G5s …
Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am.
(Having said that, I really miss my old SE sometimes … Dark Castle on a 9" balck and white screen with 2 128k floppy drives … Those were the days).