Wednesday, February 28, 2007

And just how did I manage to sew the sleeves to the wrong sides?

Well, there's this little matter of the pattern piece not being marked as to which sleeve goes on which side of the smock.

Yes, my sleeves are on backwards. And I can tell - very weird fitting.

I am going to have to just deal with it for the weekend, then rip it apart and sew them on again. I am just going to zigzag the bottom, rather than hemming it, so it will be easier to take apart the sides and sleeves later. It's not like anyone is going to see the smock, except for the ruffled cuffs and the collar and smock above the low neck of my bodice.

Very pretty otherwise. It just fits awkwardly, because the instructions were not as clear as they should have been, and I couldn't tell anything was really wrong until I put it on.

What a pain...

No comments: