Sunday, February 18, 2007

Progress Report

I am still trying to dig out from being sick. It really has taken me until today to feel somewhat normal. I did not want to take a nap today! Yay! Instead, I ended up getting a lot done.

1. Woke up at 8:45 am. Late, I know, but I needed it.
2. Had breakfast. Strawberry Frosted Mini-wheats.
3. Wrote out the menus for the week, and the grocery list.
4. Bubble-bath.
5. Realized that I had a prescription that I needed to refill. Called it in, wouldn't be ready until after 2pm. Revised the plan to go get groceries before lunch.
6. Ate lunch early.
7. Read.
8. Played the Super Nintendo for a bit. No particular reason, really, just bored.
9. Started working on the collar part of my high-necked smock.
10. After sewing for an hour, realized it was 2, and time to go to the store.
11. Bought groceries, and actually kept to the list.
12. Washed the car, and got quarters for laundry.
13. Worked on smock until 5:30 pm
14. Made cheeseburgers and french fries for supper.*
15. cleaned up the mess.
16. Sorted laundry.
17. Did three loads of laundry, from wash to put away.
18. finished hand sewing the collar facing to the smock neck.
19. Watched BSG.

So, yes, boring day, but I actually got a lot accomplished. Washing the car was a major milestone, as it hasn't been warm enough to do that for weeks. Felt great!

Okay, time to try to get some sleep.

----

* This is officially the last week we are eating like this. I am going to have to go back to the severe low-sodium diet, as my blood pressure meds don't seem to be working as well lately. Yes, there was a change in the brand of my meds, but the dosage is the same, so it just has to be the sodium I am eating. Good-bye canned soup, and pretty much all pre-packaged foods. This is going to be very, very hard, but I can't let this get out of control. It is not as high as it was before I started the meds, but it is higher than I am used to. I am cutting my sodium intake to half of the daily recommended allowance. I am going to keep it under 1200 mg. For perspective: 1 serving of campbell's chicken noodle has 890mg of sodium. Canned veggies: green beans = 330 mg. 2 tbsp BBQ sauce = 240 mg. Bread... well, bread = 150 mg per slice. This is going to suck, but I will feel better. I am trying to ease into this, with our favorite foods for the first part of the week, tapering off into the low sodium foods later this week. This diet will mean that we will be eating mostly grilled foods, frozen veggies, and baked potatoes (my son's favorite). No fast food. Nothing tomato-based. Lots of bananas, for the potassium. I just have to focus on how good I am going to feel in a couple of weeks after the excess gets out of my system.

No comments: