Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pain

Work was very physical today. Yesterday, i was already feeling a bit of back and muscle pain. Tonight, my legs are on fire, and I can barely move.

This morning, we replaced backdrops in our photostudio. Lots of ladder climbing, and over-the-head lifting. Things weren't that heavy, just awkward. I also found out exactly how quickly a paper backdrop can unroll fully when the screws aren't tight enough. Whoops. I am sure that the look on my face was priceless. I managed to keep from swearing, but only barely. We carefully used the motor to gently roll up the backdrop. It did not tear or wrinkle much, so all is well. This, of course, was fixed after I climbed up the big ladder and tightened the screw better, and double-checked the others.

Lots of laser cutter training today. Lots of up-and-down stairs. And when I got home, I made a really nice dinner, standing mostly. Then I cleaned up dinner, and played Donkey Kong Country 3 on the super nintendo. After that, I worked on my smock from about 7:40 to about 9:00.

I should have been on the couch with a heating pad, obviously, as now I hurt worse than ever.

Did I get a lot done today? Yep. Will I be able to do as much tomorrow? Probably not.

I must be really, really out of shape, as opposed to just mildly out of shape. I have a long way to go before May...

No comments: