Sunday, February 04, 2007

Consequences of Cold Weather

Yesterday, I had to venture out into the cold. My son was invited to a friend's house, and I decided that I would go to the library to get movies and books so I could better enjoy this weekend. As we were just about to leave the house, I got a call from work about the lasercutter lens, so a stop at work ws also necessary.

The clock on the bank near the library also shows the current temperature. It was -2°F. I ran like crazy to get from the parking lot to the library, because it was so cold that it hurt to breathe. Same for work. Just too cold to linger, despite the sun.

This morning, my throat is scratchy, and my cold is worse. We are definitely not going anywhere today. I've got sewing to do, and a stack of movies and books from the library. My son has a million games to play, and on Sundays, Cartoon Network shows movies in the morning. And there is that whole Superbowl thing...

I think today is going to be pretty fun...

No comments: