Sunday, February 04, 2007

Progress halted

I woke up early this morning (well, early for the weekend: 7:50), and was looking forward to an entire day of sewing, reading, and watching movies in the comfort of my apartment.

It wasn't too long before I realized that my throat was scratchy. Oh well, I thought, not too bad, feel great otherwise.

I started feeling really woozy while tracing off the pattern for the high-necked smock (which will have needle-lace on the collar and cuffs - early version of a ruff). So, I ate lunch, thinking I just needed food. After lunch, I finished tracing off the last two pieces of the pattern.

I am now very tired, achy, and this cold is really bad. I am ditching my plans to cut out this pattern today. I feel very crappy, and I don't want to risk ruining my fabric, since I need to get two smocks out of the ten yards that I have (very fine white cotton - big score: $1/yard). So, I am going to curl up, and try to read a bit, and wait for the sudafed to kick in. It'll probably knock me out for awhile, and there goes my Sunday.

No comments: