Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sometime, even reading the instructions four times...

fails to stop me from making mistakes.

The collar to the high-necked smock was tricky. I ended up sewing the ruffle to the wrong piece of the collar, in addition to sewing it to the wrong SIDE of the collar. Funny, huh? Well, I also sewed the ties to the wrong side of the collar, and had to actually remove them. I was just going to sew them to the outside of the collar, but then decided, since there was on small area at the front inside of the collar that failed to match up exactly, that I will sew a ribbon around the base of the collar on the inside, leaving the edges long for a tie.

Whew.

And gathering the neck to attach it to the collar was another adventure.

Less than two weeks to go until the Variety Club thing, and it is a costumed event. Got to get this smock done, and finish the trim and beading of the red bodice.

Okay, BSG time, gotta run!

No comments: