Saturday, February 10, 2007

Morning

This morning I was rudely awakened by the phone. Wrong number. It was 8:45 am.

I tossed and turned all night last night. I slept on the couch, because I could elevate my head more. The sudafed did not even make a dent in how miserable I was (I keep using that word, but there really is no other word to describe sinus infection). Light hurt. Not just bright lights, but the light from the television, the light from the computer screen, room lights, even the light from my son's room, which was mostly blocked by the back of the couch, and by being around the corner and down a hall. Morning is better so far.

Driving last night was fun, that's for sure.

I know what you are saying: why did you go anywhere when you were feeling this miserable?

Well, yesterday evening, I had to pick my son up from school at 5. I also had a prescription to fill, and groceries to buy. I haven't done anything this week, because I've felt so crappy, so we were out of milk, food other than soup (If I ever see another bowl of soup again... ug), and paper towels. So, I struggled through that errand, then went and picked up my son.

I waited a few minutes for him to come out of the school. He was excited. "There's a party at school tonight at 6, can I go?" I couldn't say, "no, you have to stay at home because I really just want to take some sudafed and go to bed right now." So, at 5 minutes to 6, I dropped him off, and went home to rest until it was time to pick him up at 9, sudafed free.

He had a great time. Apparently, while he was watching a movie (they had movies, DDR, which he sucked at so bad because he kept laughing because he sucked so bad, Some Tony Hawk game that he rocked at - his words, and of couse, dancing, which only the eighth-graders actually did). Okay, as I was saying, while he was watching the movie, two girls came and sat by him, giggled and said, "Hi, ----." He has no idea who they are, or how they knew his name, but they sat by him during the movie.

And no, he did not dance. Maybe next year.

Okay, my sinuses are getting too painful to do this much longer. I am so bored from not being able to read, watch TV, or wander aimlessly online. I hope that the antibiotics start working really soon... It's another clear, very cold, beautiful day.

No comments: