Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The line between misery and not-so-miserable

I think I hit it, finally. I barely slept again last night, but at least the number of hours of sleep I got before waking up was greater than on Monday night (I woke up at 3:30am, and my throat was absolutely on fire).

I dozed a bit until the alarm went off, then took my temperature. It was still a bit higher than normal, so I ended up staying at home again. My throat was the same as yesterday (awful). I caught another hour of sleep, as today was a late-start day for my son.

And then, a little before 10, I was looking at the school calendar, and thinking that i really needed to get my calendar set up, as I have a bunch of things going on in the next month. So, I fired up iCal, printed out a calendar through the end of the year, and sat down with the school calendar to get the important dates written down.

About halfway through, I realized that I was actually able to concentrate, despite the fact that the sneezing had started. I finished the calendar, then cleared the coffee table of the mountain of kleenex and magazines. Small accomplishments, but a good pick-me-up.

So, despite the headache, slight fever, and sore throat that are still holding on, I am actually feeling like I might have turned the corner. And that's a good thing, because honestly, one more day of daytime programming... ugh.

No comments: