Saturday, February 24, 2007

'Cross-town Trek

At around 11 am, I decided that I really had to get out of the house, and get two errands done. I needed quarters, and i needed to get a neckerchief and slide for a new scout (his ceremony is supposed to be tonight).

So, I put on my old coat (no use getting my good wool coat soaked), and slid out to the car to chip off the ice. I could see that the roads actually weren't bad, from the amount of traffic. It didn't take long to clear off the car, and get into it. The driver's door was frozen shut, so I had to crawl over the passenger seat.

Once on the road, it really wasn't bad yet. I've driven on worse.

I was able to get my errands done, and managed to not fall on the ice that coated all of downtown. I am home safe, and am just hoping that this ceremony gets postponed, because it is only going to get worse as the day goes on.

I'll post pictures of the ice later, if we still have internet and electricity.

No comments: