Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Busy Geek = Happy Geek

I have long known that the busier I am, the more productive I can be, for some things. There is a balance, of course, that has to exist between the work and the play. Yesterday, work was great, because I hit the sweet spot between busy, and having time to explore problems and solutions. I didn't feel that cold hand of panic around my throat, the one that grips when too many people want too many things all at the same time.

Yesterday was just right.

Last night, when I got home after our scout meeting, I worked on costuming stuff. I redrafted a pattern to remove darts, and to make two separate pieces out of a single pattern piece. It took about 30 minutes, because I had to redraw the pattern pieces a couple of times. Tonight, I did the same to the back piece. It went a little faster. So, the pattern is finished! All I need to do is cut out the mock-up, sew it together, and get the Sheriff of Nottingham over here to try it on. ;)

I am getting very excited over working on this particular piece of clothing, as it is my first foray into sewing for someone outside of my immediate family (Movie Star, remember that sun dress I made you when you were three?). I am hoping it turns out great, and fits properly, and the Sheriff likes it.

No comments: