Saturday, March 18, 2006

Shock?

After the handle of the spatula snapped, as I was browing the hamburger, I just kind of stood there. My finger had gone into the pan, I yanked it out quickly, but my most immediate concern was the fact that I had nearly raw hamburger juice everywhere, including a spot on my arm that was starting to hurt.

I grabbed the tongs to get the bottom half of the spatula out of the hamburger. Then, I washed my hands, and grabbed a paper towel from the roll to wipe up the yuck. Only then did I notice that my shirt was more covered than I had thought, and my arm was starting to hurt worse. My son watched the pan while I ran to the bathroom, yanked off my shirt, and put cold water on the painful area.

Not bad at all.

My index finger seems fine. Thank goodness that the pan hadn't been on terribly long or I would probably be on my way to the emergency room right now.

All because my old, cheap spatula decided that today was a good day to die...

No comments: