Friday, December 02, 2005

Cinderella Missed the Ball

You know how when you are busy, there is usually this one little thing tickling the back of you brain? Well, every day this week, I kept saying to myself, "You know, you should probably check and see when the office party is, just to be sure."

Every day this week, I have been extremely busy.

So, when my boss was leaving the lab after fixing something, he asks, "Are you going to the thing tonight," my insides froze.

No, I am not going to the thing. You see, I sort of thought that the thing was next Friday. The paranoid side of me kept telling myself to check the invitation, but I was too busy listening to the paranoid side also telling me to make sure we ordered another lens for the laser cutter, some white acrylic, and where the heck is my tan chip board?

In the mean time, I forgot about the party, and at 4:30 pm, it was too late to find a sitter, and I'd have to go alone.

And you know I am not walking into a fancy party in the Campanile room of the Union without a date. Some other year, okay, but not this year. Not happening.

So six o'clock saw me on the couch in my track suit, watching Scooby Doo 2 with my son. And 7:00 saw me sitting bolt upright on the sofa, suddenly remembering that I had forgotten to take the DVDs back to Family Video. Said DVDs, of course, still sitting on my desk at work.

Back into the cold to get the movies back before midnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need an elephant with a string tied around its trunk. ;)


--- CRA

jennifer said...

:) Sounds like a plan...