Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It has to be at least Thursday, right?

I was talking with my son in the car on the way home. Actually, it was on the way to Taco Bell, because I am a horrible mother who was too wiped out to try to throw a nutritious meal on the table in under 20 minutes. He said something about PE, and I knew that he had PE on Wednesday last week, so all of a sudden, I was panicking about it being Religious Ed night, and how was I going to get all of the errands done that I needed to do after the movie thing tonight.

Then I realized it was Tuesday.

Oh God, it's only Tuesday. I am certain that there are many in town who are saying variations on that phrase under their breath.

"Oh God, it's Tuesday already, and I don't have that paper done!!!!"

"Oh God, it's Tuesday and I have a final tomorrow!!"

"OMG, it's Tuesday and I totally MISSED MY FINAL!!!!!!!"

"It's only Tuesday, and I have three more days of finals left!!!"

For me, this Tuesday meant the last night of Movies and Popcorn, and the last night of DASH hours to worry about. Yes, I have to set my alarm for 2:02 am again, but it's the last night of that until the end of April. It makes a difference, just knowing that.

So, I went to the store after I was done tonight, and bought healthy foods, with LOW SODIUM, so that I can get back on track to feeling better and shedding some extra pounds that inevitably stack up once you are reduced to eating chocolate muffins for breakfast, cheeseburgers for lunch, and tacos for dinner. I know, I should be ASHAMED! I just can't wait to feel good again, and I know that changing the food is going to make it happen.

This doesn't mean that I am swearing off all fast food forever. What it does mean is that I am going to follow my WW points guidelines and will also be cutting back my sodium intake to half the daily recommended allowance (1200 mg), to feel even better.

In case you are interested:

1/4 lb. Cheeseburger = 10 points
French Fries = 9 points
1 slice of Papa John's large garden special pizza = 6 points (see Mom, I told you it was good for you!)
1 apple = 1 point
1 banana = 2 points
2 slices D'Taliano light bread = 1 point
3 ounces chicken = 3 points
8 oz baked potato = 3 points
1 cup rice = 5 points
Most veggies, cooked or raw without butter = FREE
Butter Spray = FREE (trust me, it tastes okay)
Triple choclate meltdown = okay, we add up the devil's food cake, the ice cream, the hot fudge.... I really don't want to know...

Anyway, you get the point... no pun intended. It's not the amount of calories per se, it is the choices that you make. Yes, I can have a cheeseburger and french fries for lunch, but that only leaves me eight points for the rest of the day, and that doesn't stick with a girl as long as you think it would. Pretty soon you end up making sensible choices just because you know you'll end up hungry at the end of the day if you don't.

My points range on the old scale, based on weight = 20-27 points. I am very close to moving down to a lower points range. I would have been there if it hadn't been for summer camp...

You are all my witnesses.... D-Day is here. I refuse to have a sodium headache at the end of the day! I refuse to buy a larger pair of jeans! I will need to make smaller ren-faire garb for the next faire! I will be able to walk five miles without feeling like I am having a heart attack!!!!!

Ooo... I need to figure out how many points are in those chocolate star cookies I made on Saturday...

No comments: