Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Productive?

What did I accomplish today?

• Woke up before my son and enjoyed 45 minutes of peace and quiet
• showered, washed my hair, wore make-up, did NOT hang out in my running suit all day
• Cleaned up the kitchen after making breakfast and lunch
• watched a movie with my son
• cut out the lining to the hat I am making (cut out the wool felt last night), realized that I need sew-in interfacing, and pondered substituting another fabric (black hat, red lining. I also have a reddish felt and sage green lining. I over bought materials, for the felts anyway. In fact, I now have enough stuff to make a total of four hats of this particular pattern (two red, two black). Let me know if you need one!
• Read a good portion of a non-trashy, historical romance novel. Unfortunately, I get really tired of this author's repetitious use of certain descriptions and plot devices. Hence the decision to work on my hat and blog instead of finishing the book, for now.
• I have an actual, healthy meal planned for dinner tonight. In fact, I have healthy meals planned for this entire week.

So, even though there was a good amount of day-dreaming today, I still feel like I didn't completely waste the day.

I just remembered that I have some light green denim that I may be able to use to replace the interfacing I need for my hat! If my back didn't still hurt, I'd get it cut out and start sewing on my hat, but I am still recovering from that fall on Christmas Day...

No comments: