Saturday, December 24, 2005

What do you mean, the network isn't working?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I woke up this morning, and tried to check my email from my mom's house.

No connection.

Self-assigned numbers, 169, etc. Everything was plugged in, had power, etc.

All day I checked periodically.

I did not fully realize how much I depend on it (we needed to look up what quahogs were for my grandma and grandpa, and I wanted to check my email). And, of course, it's Christmas Eve, which means nearly everything in town gets shut down.

Immediately, I kept thinking about things I wanted to blog about...

Like, get this, this afternoon, my dad had to go to the grocery store. He gets there and the place is packed. Just jam full of people... And there was a huge disaster... someone ran into the grocery store. As in, with a truck. So, the grocery store, being made of metal, has a two foot deep dent in it.

Here is the disaster part... that wall of the store houses the shelves of liquor and beer. Bottles smashed all over the floor, the smell was awful. The two kids responsible (it was totally an accident), were mopping up and helping to clean up the mess. Big disaster for the store owners, especially with New Years around the corner.

And I suppose you are wondering why we needed to look up quahogs...

My uncle sent my grandparents two live lobsters, a couple of big clams, and a couple of quahogs for Christmas. They hadn't heard of quahogs before, and me not liking seafood, I had only just heard of them (didn't want to know how to cook them at all). My son got a kick out of seeing the live lobsters out in a cooler in the garage.

Anyway, we just got back from my grandma and grandpa's house, and mom opened up Safari just to see if we had internet access. I was helping set up the futon for my son, when I heard her call that it was working again. I actually started to run up the stairs before I checked myself, and finished getting out the quilts for my son.

He, of course, just laughed.

I voluntarily can go without internet access for over a week, if at camp or something, but take it away from me without warning and I get a little antsy...

Well, I have to get back to the famiy. Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

No comments: