Sunday, December 11, 2005

Oh my aching head...

I made the mistake of staying up too late last night.

I fell asleep on the couch with my glasses on, and my book in my hand. My son woke me up at about ten to nine. He had woken up when my alarm clock went off and kept going off (I had set it when I got home).

One of the side-effects of sleeping on the couch is that I wasn't really comfortable, but was too tired to move, and not keen on the idea of moving from a warm couch to an icy bed.

The headache is because I couldn't stand it, and had to have a handful of party mix before bed. Too salty, but it tasted just right. I am NOT checking the scale this morning, because of the salt. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I did not have more than a swallow of water afterwards. Bad idea.

Anyway, I have less than two hours before I have to go over to my sister's house so we can leave to go shopping. I have no definite list for my son, as he seems to change his mind by the day. I have a couple of ideas. One thing that did bug me was seeing one item that I bought for him at $34 a couple of weeks ago on sale this week for $24 at Target. Kicking myself, but as it is a popular item this year, I wanted to buy it early to be sure that we had it. It was number one, THE most important thing on his list.

Yikes! My time is running out, and I wanted to get a couple of batches of cookies baked before we go, so I can give some to Mom and Kim. Plus, I want to see my nephew have a bite, as I think his reaction ought to be the best entertainment of the day...

No comments: