Sunday, December 18, 2005

Done with the shopping, my mind moves to other things.

Lego Tie-fighter = check (on sale at K-Mart, no less!)
Drawing stuff = check (paper, markers, colored pencils and sharpener)
army guys to go with the tank he is getting = check (historical replica stuff, WWII) He has this thing for tanks. Has for years.

The rest of the stuff is already in the closet, and it will start getting wrapped tonight (if I wrap too soon, I forget what I bought).

I am so happy to be done.

Except I only spent $1 on something for my stocking. I went back to get the brooch that I saw in Target yesterday, and it was gone. They had a lot of cool jewelry on clearance that would have made for good garb jewelry, but I am not going noble anytime soon (when camping at ren-faire, with a bunch of kids, the time to properly dress noble is non-existent, and I don't have a servant to do my hair, and attempting to negotiate camp in a farthingale never ends well. Much as I like being called a princess by all the little girls, I'm thinking "Lady Thief" for next year... Okay, I'm going back to load up on jewelry, and I can pin things all over, and wear multiple necklaces... mmm... I need to work on my character anyway-- excuse to make new garb!!!!!)

Okay, now I am going to have to break out my sketchbook and color picker. JoAnn fabrics had decorator fabric 50% this weekend. I just wish I had thought of a new character earlier!!! I am thinking copper, sage, and crimson! Splashes of purple, glass pearls... jeweled slippers! OMG, I am skipping eating lunch tomorrow and am going back to pick up more jewelry from the $1 bin at Target, plus the purple and green brooches and necklaces on the clearance rack. So what if my family thinks I am nuts! I will be happy!!! I have just the patterns!!!

I am so excited to be starting on a new project! I can only hope I can pull it off. I may have to wear my "respectable freewoman" garb sometime, but this new one is going to be so much fun, that I can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

nerdrium said...

You might try the evil blue giant for dominoes. We had to get under-$5-gifts for the kids to take to their gift exchange at school and one of the things we got was a tin of "real" dominoes. (I should note that my mother-in-law actually went and purchased them, but she says they came from WalFart so I believe her...).

We bit the bullet and decided on not bringing anymore Legos into the house this year. And part of me actually really feels bad about it...

G.--

jennifer said...

Tired Wal-mart - they only had the white dominos with colored dots. They don't work very well for what he wants to do (We have some, and they are just too heavy).

I am in awe that your kids have a gift-exchange at school! My son has a winter party on Wednesday, but no gift exchange.