Saturday, December 03, 2005

A post about a bunch of nothing

The scale this morning puts me at 5 pounds under what I was yesterday.

I know that this is not the truth, that it's fluctuations in water weight most likely, but it gave me a lift.

Last night, I fell asleep on the couch at around 9:00. I woke up at 5:10 with a crick in my neck, and stumbled into my bedroom. I pretty much tossed and turned until the alarm went off at 7:10. I got up, showered and dressed, and went to work to get the next 3D print started on our modeler. While I was waiting for the machine to warm up so I could check the material extrusion, I made another snowflake to put on the window in the lab (my lab monitors went crazy making snowflakes yesterday - very festive!). After leaving, I ran to the grocery store and bought garbage bags, toilet paper, eggs, bacon, and postage stamps. I also got quarters for laundry. Fun.

Now I am back at home, changed back into my pyjamas, and have a date with the couch where I will begin work on catching up on my sleep. Three nights in a row I barely slept, and last night was the longest stretch of sleep I've had in a long time. I have got to get rested up for dead week, or I will be very cranky, or very loopy. I'd prefer to be cheerful and well-rested.

I will settle for 7 hours a night and a nutritious diet that does not consist of chicken nuggets and tator tots, but I will take what I can get...

No comments: