Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Updates from the Costume Department...

The other night, as I was wondering what project to work on next week, while I am vacation, I was hit with an idea.

I need a new ren-faire character, one that would be fun, and let me encourage the kids to have fun and cheer up patrons.

It all started with some costume jewelry that I found at Target while looking for stocking stuffers...

And so, Maggie "Magpie" Baubles was born! She likes SHINY things!!!! Lots of SHINY! jewelry and other SHINY! objects on the gown and sleeves, and hat. If I see anyone wearing anything SHINY! I will go silly and SHINY!-crazed! Jewel-toned skirts and bodice, ribbon sleeves with shiny beads or pearls holding things together: red, green, and gold are the colors I am planning on using, mostly because I have a nice sage and gold brocade to use for the bodice, and lots of red and green scraps leftover from other projects.

My son loves this... in the last few days, he'll say, "Do the SHINY thing again!!!!" and laugh like crazy everytime.

Lots of fun for everyONE!!!

No comments: