Saturday, December 31, 2005

Ug...

If you are at all prone to motion sickness, do not see King Kong. If you don't get sick from jerky camera motion, it's a great movie!!! I actually felt sorry for the male love interest, as it is obvious that he's second in the girl's heart to Kong. Action packed, and not for the queasy of stomach. My son spent a bunch of time with the hood of his coat pulled down over his eyes, and that was just for the kissing scenes!

I had to leave about halfway or so through, for a few minutes, and once in the restroom, I noticed that my face was as green as my sweater. The action had settled down a bit by the time I got back, so the rest of the movie was a little more comfortable. But jeesh...

After I got back home, which was after stopping at the store for tylenol, I called my sister. Turns out my mom has the flu, the REAL flu, and had to cancel her New Year's Eve party that she has been planning for over a month. Dessert and Champagne at midnight, real invitations, dinner, RSVPs... Wiped out by a fever and respiratory illness. Poor mom. I hope that she is getting enough rest and fluids. What rotten timing!

In any case, I am stil trying to shake this migraine that I got from the movie. I don't think that it is anything else, but maybe I had better take my temp anyway. It would be pretty crappy if I were to get sick and miss any work next week...

No comments: