Saturday, December 17, 2005

Next time I get the idea to shop with the eleven-year-old, hit me to make me come to my senses before we leave...

There is nothing so horrible as trying to take an eleven-year-old boy shopping. Last night, we needed necessities. We couldn't even get through Hy-Vee without throwing a fit because I wouldn't buy chinese food for supper. Needless to say, we left empty handed.

Today, the goal was to buy stuff to fill our stockings. Last year, we each had $10 to spend on stocking stuffers. It was great, and we had a lot of fun shopping together.

Fast forward to this year.

I just wanted to be at home, with the covers over my head. I didn't even buy anything, I was so miserable.

I am going to put a tag on my purse that reads, "Don't even think about taking him shopping." It's my new mantra...

No comments: