Friday, December 09, 2005

TGIF

On the way to pick up my son after work today, I got this idea into my head. I decided that, rather than get our usual Hy-Vee pizza for dinner, we'd go Christmas shopping and eat dinner at Culver's instead. Obviously, he thought that was a great idea!

Three and a half hours later, we finally got home, carried in the bags, put away the groceries, took out the garbage, and managed to miss the bottom step on the stairs on the way down. My boss made a joke about how I shouldn't lift that fifty-pound bag of popcorn this afternoon, on the off-chance I could hurt myself and be off work. It was very funny, and I had a good laugh over it... until I missed that step and thought, "Oh God, he jinxed me!" So far, I don't think I actually hurt myself, as I didn't fall (wouldn't that have been a sight, since I had quickly cleaned out the refrigerator so I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow).

I bought a bunch of baking supplies, so I can make holiday goodies with my mom tomorrow night while we are babysitting my nephew. Our list is long, but as we are dividing it three ways (me, mom, and Kim), we'll get a big variety without ending up with way too much food. Kim can eat pretty much anything she wants, but Mom and I are attempting to not overindulge this holiday season. Something to do with wanting to be able to wear favorite jeans comfortably...

I also finished all of my holiday shopping!!! Well, other than my son's sitter, and as my son reminded me, "And mine, right?" "Oh, I haven't done any of your shopping yet," wink, wink...

Gifts, and gift cards for everyone on my list, and even a little something for me. I found this really cute snowman to add to my collection at Hobby Lobby (my son's least favorite place). It was partially hidden by another item (which was very tacky, I might add), and I picked it up, and knew that I had to have it. Another lady in the same aisle also liked it, and we looked for another for her, but he was the last one. I felt bad, but it was perfect for my collection, and I had clearly picked it up first, as she was at the other end of the aisle at the time. The best part, though, was the fact that it ended up being 50% off. Check-out total = $3.76.

A mostly productive evening, even though I missed phone calls from my mom, and one of my sisters, and gmail messed up and did not register any new mail for about twenty-four hours...

No comments: