Thursday, December 29, 2005

This post is Untitled

Last night, I stayed up late to watch the South Park Season Rewind. True to rumor, they pulled the "Bloody Mary" episode, apparantly under pressure from the Catholic Church. The official South Park website states that the rewind would include all seven episodes, but only six were aired. I know, I stayed up for the whole thing.

I'm a Catholic, I have to tell you that I laughed my a$$ off when I originally saw that episode. In fact, about the only episode this season that I did not laugh my a$$ off at was the "Ginger Kids" episode, although it had moments of greatness. The whole point of South Park is that they rip on EVERYONE EQUALLY. There have been much worse episodes than the Bloody Mary one, and they have remained on the air. If anything, I would have thought that the Scientology episode would have been the one to be pulled, considering how rabidly litigous the "Church" of Scientology is (And yes, I looked up my facts on Scientology, and it is the most messed up organization on earth. Just google Scientology Abuse to see what I mean. Katie Holmes should run for her life.).

Anyway, the point is, the only thing pulling this episode will accomplish is make more people want to see it. I just wish I had taped it...

No comments: