Saturday, December 03, 2005

Winter wonderland?

It is snowing again.

Actually, it has been snowing since this morning, around the time that I left to go to work. When I left, my car windows were clear, and now my car has about 4 inches of snow on it. Lucky for me that we got groceries last night.

I dozed on the couch for a couple of hours after work, then got up to make lunch. After cleaning up, my son and I sat down and watched more Battlestar Galactica. Three episodes worth. Five more to go, and we'll have finally seen the complete first season. We are saving them for other days.

I had planned to go do some Christmas shopping this afternoon, but the snow pretty much rules that out. The plows are out, and it isn't really windy, as far as I can tell, but I am not in the mood to play bumper cars. The problem is that I have slept as much as I possibly can today, and I have a feeling that I am going to have a long, boring afternoon and evening.

And I just remembered that it is my Mom and Dad's anniversary today! Yikes. They are visiting my sister LeAnn, and her husband and my niece this weekend. It is my niece's birthday on Wednesday. Our princess is going to be one. Amazing how times goes by... then I hear that the teen years drag on forever to compensate.

I guess I'll just go back to the book I am reading, even though I think it is actually making me dumber just for having read a third of it. Some chick lit seriously needs to not make it to press. Yes, I'll probably finish it just out of boredom, but honestly, it rambled for the first two chapters, in the third chapter the main character saw a ghost, and suddenly the plot became that of "A Christmas Carol," only for Valentine's Day. We already know who the girl is going to end up with, and the writing is just bad and not half as clever as it thinks it is. It's enough to make me vomit, which is good for the diet, if not for my literary soul.

Yes, the snow looks pretty, but it is dooming me to a terrible fate; stuck in the house with a pre-teen and a bad romance novel. Bad, bad, bad...

No comments: