Tuesday, December 27, 2005

What the heck...

If you are wondering why I was so silent the last two days, it is because we have had no network access since late Christmas Eve.

In fact, I stayed an extra night in order to help mom take care of this disaster. So, imagine my surprise when I open up the Network control panel and discover that we have a real IP number, and things are working again.

I stayed to get this fixed.

I could have been at home, with my own internet access, happily emailing, blogging, and doing stuff around the house...

And now it's pretty foggy, so we may have to wait a little longer to get on the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How were you able to survive without internet access?
I got a call from the phone company Friday offering DSL for only $25 a month for the next year. It's only 256k though. Still better than dialup I guess.
They said on the noon news that the fog advisory has been extended to 10pm. And it's supposed to be foggy the rest of the week.
I got a new kitten Saturday, she's been sick with a respiratory infection. I took her to the vet yesterday and got some antibiotics for her, but she pukes them up. I haven't been able to get her to eat either.
Hope you're having a nice time with your family.
Oh, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me...sorry... now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
your friend,
Dan C.