Thursday, April 20, 2006

Catching up...

I worked eleven hours today. At about 2 pm, my legs started to ache. Thank god I didn't have to move anything heavy today, or I'd be in worse shape.

Tonight, I showed Bride and Prejudice which was wonderful! I wish I could have seen the end. I think that I may have to rent it out on my own account when I return it tomorrow. I can pop it into my computer while the kids watch their movie, or play my son's game cube.

Because I had forgotten one of the movies at home, we had to run back, get it, and take it to work. Once back at work, more things required my attention, so it was 8:30 before we got out of there. Not what I had planned at all.

I also forgot to make a list of everything that had to be done tonight. This means that tomorrow morning, I get to get up very early, and go to the grocery store and get treats for my son to take to school. It also means that I have to leave for work very early, so I can take back the movies to the library that were due today, so I don't get a fine (the library doesn't charge if they are back before opening). I did get another load of laundry done. Still not enough, but I am plugging away at it as best I can.

Several times today, I had the thought that I couldn't possibly still be standing, or working, but I just kept moving. It was 9:00 before we got home tonight, since we had to go to Hy-Vee to pick up my prescriptions and some things for my son's party (trick candles, a cake, pop, etc.). We had a very odd conversation on the way home, as in, babies being born, and other related facts of life (I guess when I explained things a year ago, I only talked about the boy end of things, rather than the girl things, and he had questions...).

So, some good bonding times, even if he was completely grossed out.

Once home, I threw clothes in the wash, popped in Terminator 3, and just watched the movie while waiting for the laundry. I didn't even open my book, didn't sew, just watched and was entertained.

Okay, I think the sudafed is kicking in, or I hit the limits of mind and body. Two full days of this. I can tell that I am getting old. This used to be nothing, to be able to do all of this, and clean the house top to bottom in preparation for having people over to the apartment. A couple of years ago, I'd still be elbow deep in some project that had to be done, because, you know, the kids are going to look in every cupboard and check to see that the top shelf is completely organized and spotless.

Yeah.

So, right now, the house is about an hour away from being company ready, with the exception of my room, which has a fair amount of sewing stuff still around. It is organized, but untidy. Pattern pieces neatly stacked, one for my new gown, and one for the sherrif's doublet. Oh, and my son's old computer, which may come into use tomorrow night, as the kid's want a StarCraft battle. Oh boy.

Okay, I can't keep my eyes open. Tomorrow is another day... And a great one!!!! Twelve!!!!

No comments: