Tuesday, April 18, 2006

In denial...

I have been deluding myself.

I kept telling myself that it was my allergies acting up (but I don't have allergies!).

Then it was, "Oh, I must have gotten some water in my ears...". Right.

It could still be allergies, but I think I have a bad cold, again, because I am coughing like crazy, I'm sneezing, my head feels goofy, and my throat hurts.

I have been sick more times this past couple of months than I probably was the whole of the last three or so years put together.

Total number of days off because I was sick = zero

I have no chance of getting a day off until after classes are out, unless I have a fever. I just didn't anticipate that I would get sick, and did not plan for it.

To make myself feel better, I think I am going to go sit on the couch and do some hand sewing on my new italian renaissance dress. I am adding black and cream trim to the green dress, and it should look very nice with the oyster colored, embroidered faux silk that I bought last week for the fake underskirt panel (50% off, so about $4.99/yard!). Unfortunately, with the weather getting severe tonight, I can't just pop in a DVD and sew.

Oh well, I am determined to enjoy my evening, regardless of how I feel.

1 comment:

nerdrium said...

Do you have any red wine handy?

When I need to relax (even if I think I'm starting to not feel so hot) a glass or two of red wine helps tremendously.

I hope everything worked out with the skateboard--I still panic when my stinkpot son gets on his, but I think that is more of a factor of remembering my mother panic and not letting me have one than any "rational" fear on my part. Or something.

Hope you feel better. And I hope your weather isn't too awful. I know how it is... ;)

G.--