Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring makes anything possible

Whenever I get to the lowest point on my scale of insanity, I tell myself that spring is on the way. Technically, spring is here, but the weather is hardly encouraging at this point. Dull, gray, rainy, foggy... Yep. Spring.

I should clean off my deck tonight. Pull up the old growth from the flower pots, sweep the deck, make things look nice. I never did end up buying any new deck furniture last summer. Just carted off the old junk, and never found anything I liked that didn't get immediately snapped up by someone else.

I'm not going to plant anything just yet, as this is Iowa, and the next frost could be as late as the end of the month. I'll just get the old stuff out, and see if anything volunteers (my son's chives are already up!).

I'm looking forward to a productive evening.

No comments: