Sunday, April 23, 2006

Of sunscreen and sinus colds

So this morning, after catching a look at my face in the bathroom mirror, I checked the spf of my moisturizer and makeup.

I had to switch both a little over a month ago, as Target quit carrying the stuff I used to use. My old moisturizer was spf 15, as was my makeup, and 30 seemed to be a good combination for me, even at camp last summer.

My new makeup is spf 18, but my new moisturizer doesn't have any sunscreen in it at all!!!! How did I miss this? So, I was in the sun yesterday from 9:40 to 3:20, with only 18 spf, which was probably rubbed off long before because of my cold???? No wonder I look like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer...

This means that at some point today I am going shopping to locate a better moisturizer. Now I am wondering if I should put sunscreen on the sunburned areas, and try to tan the rest of my face to match?

But as much as I am up concerned about my sunburn, I ought to be kicked for not putting sunscreen on my son.

Kim offered my nephew's suncreen, but my son didn't want to use it, and I did not insist because I thought that we'd be home by 1:30 at the latest.

So, my son now has an interesting sunburn... glasses marks on his temples and cheeks... and his neck is pretty red. He doesn't really care about it, but I do.

No comments: