Saturday, April 29, 2006

We are back, and not amused...

Frist thing that was not funny: Being told at first that the contacts I needed would have to be ordered, after I had been told over the phone that they had them in stock, and I could pick them up anytime. Luckily, they did have them. So I got my contacts.

Second thing that was not funny: One of the ladies must have been a bad mood. I was being as nice as possible when I asked if I could have the online refill number, when she pretty much told me that since my prescription was only good until August, it wouldn't be useful anyway, and that I'd have to have them shipped to that store anyway. I was trying to be helpful when I said that the online store stated that I could choose to pay a little extra to have them sent to my home. She basically wouldn't believe me, but gave me the number anyway. I would have just bought two boxes if she had been nicer about it. Of course, she has no idea of knowing that I won't be going there again, since it is DUMB to drive all that way. I wouldn't have gone today if they would have given me that number like they were supposed to at my original appointment.

I had planned to do more shopping at that Wal-mart, since it is quite a bit bigger than ours, but I just wanted out of there. I am not buying so much as a can of diet pepsi there again.

Our next stop was Target. My son needed some clothes, since he is growing quite fast now. We had a good time looking at the t-shirts in the men's section. He ended up picking out a couple of good ones, and we are going to look for a third that he liked at our Target, as they only had XL, and he's a medium/large. I can't believe that he is in a men's medium.

The third "not amusing" thing that happened was seeing more than I wanted to of an employee's backside. Female! With! Too! Low! Jeans! Bent! Over! Yuck!

Not a fun trip. Well, we had fun getting there and home, but I will never willingly go shopping in that town again...

1 comment:

nerdrium said...

Heh. I hate the whole "expiring eye prescription" thing. I mean, come on. If after 13 months I can't see, I'll come get another exam. If, however, I *can* see, why require me to get another exam--because they want money. I'm a few years older than you, and I don't know about your eyes, but my prescription hasn't changed over the last five years or so. The last time I "refilled" and paid the eye exam I was going to buy four boxes, and they had a deal for 5, and then another deal for eight or something ridiculous. (I think it was buy four get one free, and then if I went to eight I got that and a mail in rebate or something...). I sleep in my AcuVues (for *months* at a time) and have no problems--eight boxes is going to last me 4+ years. I guess my point is, buy all you can while your prescription is good, no matter what the pain in the neck WalFart person says. :)

Aaack. This is your blog, not mine--sorry for blabbering so much.... ;) ;) ;)

G.--