Saturday, April 29, 2006

Yet another reason I hate wal-mart, but like the people who work there.

Trying. To. Order. Contact. Lenses.

After trying to figure out how to do it online, I call the vision center, and talk with a very nice lady who, unfortunately, tells me that I can't order them online because I haven't ordered from them before.

???

Okay, I had my exam there, I walked out with contact lenses in my eyes. I was given no information other than I can order more online if these worked out for me.

Come to find out, I need an online prescription number, which I can't get unless I physically drive to the vision center and order lenses through them, because they can't do it over the phone. But it's an hour away. An hour. And it will take 7-10 days to get the contacts, even if I could order them online.

????

No overnight shipping for an online order?

Just before my heart bottomed out (because who wants to wear glasses to a ren faire, and my contacts JUST stopped being wearable), she looked up my prescription and exclaimed that she actually had the ones I need in stock.

!!!!!

So, I guess a road trip is in order!

Phew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can order CL's through Walmart.com without having bought them online before. And you can get priority shipping to your house. You just have to check it out for yourself, ok?

Anonymous said...

Go to Walmart.com and select the Vision Center area. It will let you order from there. You can get priority shipping to your home, or you can have them shipped to a Walmart VC no shipping fee. I wear contacts myself and actually work as an optician, I can tell you that buying your contacts one to two boxes at a time...is a PAIN. You should invest in the year supply or in the least a six month supply. That way you have them when you need them. Plus, there are rebates available when you purchase them that way.

jennifer said...

At the time when this happened, they would not give me an order number to use online. All they had to do was give me an order number over the phone, and I could have ordered them online, and had the lenses shipped to me directly. When I went to pick up the contacts at the store, I was able to get my order number, and was able to order two more boxes online through the vision center site without a problem, and had them shipped to work. It was getting the number that was the problem. They would not give it to me over the phone.

Luckily, I can now go to my local HyVee store and just buy them there.