Saturday, April 29, 2006

So, ask me how much sewing I have done today...

None. Zip, zilch zero, nada.

My green dress would be beautiful if it fit. The problem is that the very top is too big, causing it to bow outwards from my body. It also smooshes everything flat. And I mean everything. There are no curves in this type of dress. I am going to try to fix it, but if I can't do it before the end of the night, I have to wear my blue bodice and skirt. I tried them on, and they fit again. The skirt is too long, so I will have to turn up the hem, which would hide the green trim around the bottom (which I am not happy about, but I can live with it. I split the back at the seam, so I can use it as an overskirt and wear the green tafetta underskirt. It looks really nice, so it is a viable alternative).

But I want to wear the new green dress. Very comfortable and cool, and pretty. It's a girl thing.

My son's tabard is not even started. The fabric still needs to be ironed. This will work up very quickly as it is very straight-forward and has all straight seams except around the neckline. Oh, and I have to find trim for it... darn.

I don't think I am going to sleep much for the next week, but I am really looking forward to next Sunday!

No comments: