Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back to Work

The hardest part of going back to work is not getting up in the morning and leaving before dawn. The hardest part of the day is the 2-3pm lull, which signals "naptime" to my vacation-accustomed body.

It's not like I didn't have enough to do, because I did. It wasn't boring. It's just that I have been getting A LOT more sleep than I normally do (and yes, it has only been between eight and nine hours a day). When you go from getting the right amount of sleep, to getting an amount that is somewhat less pleasing, the body does not like it.

Anyway, I ended up having to go to the store after work. I was a good girl and made up my menus and list ahead of time, I bought lots of veggies and fruit that we will be able to snack on. I did not buy a single item of junk food, except for some diet pepsi to take to work. I have myself on a strict diet and budget for this month, in the hopes that I can slim down a bit. I would love to go walking tonight, but it is dark already, and even though I live in a nice part of town, it's colder out now than it was earlier (and may be getting icy). Plus, the friend that I used to walk with moved, so I wouldn't have anyone to talk to. Sucks, right? I used to walk four miles a day, at one point. I really, really need to get back to doing that.

Another back to work adjustment: it is very, very cold at work. I dressed today to do physical labor, as in shifting a bunch of machines, nine of which weigh 53 lbs each, plus 10 CRTs, ten 35 lb machines, and some LCDs. I ended up working on a plan for something else, so the hard work is put off until tomorrow morning. I just wore a t-shirt and a zip-up sweatshirt (and jeans, of course). COLD.

Well, since I didn't get my nap earlier, I may just have to go put my feet up and read a book. Or else get the panels cut and sewn for the overskirt of my latest creation, and the gingham cheat strips cut for the cartridge pleating in the underskirt and overskirt. Two hours of costuming should help wear me out, and still give me enough time to catch South Park tonight at 8:30 (they are playing older ones, and I haven't see the one that's up for tonight).

Off to do something productive!!!

No comments: