Sunday, January 15, 2006

Waste of an afternoon...

I made the mistake of lying down with a book this afternoon around 3. I woke up just after 5, groggy, and craving chocolate so bad that I wonder what I was dreaming about.

I decided to get out of the house and go get the groceries, even though I technically didn't need to, as we had stuff for supper and breakfast tomorrow.

Apparently, 5:00 pm is when the college kids shop, especially couples.

It's funny to see them pushing carts that are very overloaded for one person, or two for a week's worth of groceries. Do they eat all of it? Does it go to waste? I have an eleven-year old who eats like crazy, and I don't buy that much each week in groceries. We're talking carts that are heaped full of enough food to feed a family of four for over a week.

When I got home, I made dinner, we ate, then cleaned it up. Just like I do every night of the week, every lunch, every breakfast. Boring. The dishwasher is churning away, my son is playing his gameboy.

Just another Sunday evening...

No comments: