Monday, January 16, 2006

Day off = Productive

Here is my list of things accomplished so far today:

• Up early to get my son off to school
• Had a relaxing hour break to ease into the day
• did three loads of laundry, start to finish
• cleaned out more of my closet, focusing on getting rid of clothes that are ugly, no longer fit, old, stretched, or unflattering.
• take the four garbage bags of ill-fitting, ugly clothes, and tossed them in the dumpster!!!!!
• slightly rearrange closet to accomodate camping gear in a more organized manner.
• put everything away!!!!!!
• ate lunch
• showered
• went to work to check out a camera for someone who was not able to get it Friday, as a critical piece was missing out of the case
• went to Goodwill and resisted the urge to buy this steam cleaner that was missing instructions. It was a good buy, I have not the first clue how to operate it, so it would just sit around taking up space. Nothing else caught my eye, so I left.

Now I am back home, and I am looking forward to a relaxing afternoon in a clean house, feeling considerably lighter for dumping the fat clothes. There, I said it!!! I was never really fat, but I used to buy HUGE clothes because I hated the way I looked and wanted to cover up. I very nearly kept one sweater, until I tried it on and realized the the shoulder seams came halfway down my upper arms. Into the garbage it went.

And it felt good.

Disclaimer: If I would have donated the clothes, or at least told myself I was going to donate the clothes, the bags would have probably spent weeks in my living room. The key to fighting the clutter is to let it go. Someday I will be able to save stuff to donate, but that day is not here, and it will not be for quite awhile.

No comments: