Sunday, January 01, 2006

Productive Start to the New Year!

The tree is down!!!! All Christmas and winter decorations are put away. I was going to leave the snowman collection out, but I decided that since I would have to dig out the boxes again, I might as well just put it all away.

The worst, of course, was taking the lights off of the tree. seven or eight strands, I can't really remember. Just a lot of tettering on the step stool. Then there was the three attempts to get the tree back into it's box (still didn't close - I put an old bed sheet over it to keep the dust out), and back up onto the highest shelf of my closet. My side muscles ache.

After putting the tree away, I had to do some serious vacuuming. Of course, I actually threw a bunch of decorations and old wrapping paper away, and took it all, including the old tree, out to the dumpster. I feel so light!!!! I vacuumed after tossing the stuff. Boy does my new tree shed...

After all of that cleaning, my back aches. I did take a good break around noon, to eat lunch and get rested up for taking the lights off of the tree. And I finished just in time to start the pot roast for tonight's New Years dinner. I seared the roast on both sides after salting it and put it in my roasting pan (way too big for the job, but I used my cake pan for cinnimon rolls this morning, and it was still in the dishwasher). Add water, and in two hours, add the potatoes, a bit of onion, and carrots. Three hours from now, we will sit down to way too much food, and my son will complain about everything but the roast. I may have to throw some corn in the microwave to keep him happy.

So, with the Clean Sweep marathon on TLC, and the smells of roast wafting through the air (wouldv'e been my famous roast chicken with wild rice and onion stuffing, but I was not up to sticking my hand inside raw chicken today), I am going to have a wonderful afternoon!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: