Sunday, January 15, 2006

Scrambled Eggs and Bacon

I got up at a decent hour and made the kids scrambled eggs and bacon. When I was wracking my brain as to what to feed them so that I didn't have to go to the store last night, I mentioned this breakfast possibility. You would have thought that I was going to give them the most fabulous breakfast on earth from their reactions.

So, bacon and eggs are cooked, and the house now smells like... bacon and eggs.

I may be sick.

When cooked over a campfire, there is really not much better in the world than bacon and eggs, or mountain man (bacon, onion, hashbrowns, with eggs poured over it, cooked in a dutch oven on charcoal, with cheese added, served with salsa... mmmmm). In the closed confines of the apartment, it is torture on my stomach.

I think I am just sensitive to certain scents... like when I opened the door after getting home last night and smelled the lovely hamburger grease smell from lunch. Ug.

In any case, I have the windows opened, to the dismay of my son who thinks weekends are shirt-free days, and would walk around in boxers all day if he didn't know how much I hate that (I hate the no-shirt thing too, it's just that he tends to ignore me on that one until I take away the video games).

He's just going to have to suffer, or put a shirt on, because I am not going to have the house smell like this all day...

No comments: