Sunday, January 08, 2006

Getting back on track

Yes, I did my fifteen minutes of decluttering today!!!! I cleaned out the cupboard by the phone that is supposed to be for medicine, and commonly used things that have no where else to go, but had ended up being a catch-all for stupid crap.

I had to stop myself from continuing on to the junk drawer that is right below it, or the next thing I knew, it would be midnight, and I'd STILL be cleaning out ALL of the cupboards in the kitchen, and would be exhausted tomorrow.

If there is one major thing I've taken from FlyLady, it's to know when to STOP cleaning. That's why I set a timer. When the timer went off, I was done. In the old days, I would have totally exhausted myself, and it would have all come undone and been discouraging. I would have been taking a q-tip to the hinges, and if you think I am joking, you'd be wrong :)

1 comment:

nerdrium said...

Tee hee. :)

Our medicine "cabinet in the kitchen" is to the left of the kitchen sink, and our "junk drawer" is below it as well.

We *tried* to move all of the Advil and everything else to the bathroom upstairs and make the cabinet in the kitchen just for kitchen stuff, but someone (okay, it was me) got fed up with opening the cabinet doors and not having any Advil there, so everything (bandaids, aspirin, hydrocortizone, etc.) has pretty much migrated back to where it was.

As far as the junk drawer... I wish I could just turn it over and empty the whole damn thing into the garbage can...