Sunday, January 22, 2006

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

So, I actually decided at pretty much the last second to go ahead and go tubing with my son tonight at Seven Oaks.

In true form, I went first, and between the jolts and my a** hitting the ground, it was okay. By the time I got back to the lift, my son was at the top of the hill, deep in conversation with out scoutmaster. When I was halfway up the hill, I saw a red blur that was my son come shooting down the hill.

Wow! He actually did it!

My second run was great! It was really fast and by then I had figured out that I needed to keep my body somewhat stiff in order to keep from hitting the ground.

When I got to the bottom of the hill, and ran over to my son, I realized that he was pretty upset.

He hated it. He wanted to go home, and never wanted to do this again.

After we sat and talked a bit by the fire pit, I finally convinced him to sit in a tube and watch me, counting how long it took for me to get from the top of the hill to the bottom, on each of the three lanes.

44 seconds on one, and 40 on another. He got tired of counting, but he was in a better mood after that and started just sliding around on his tube. We couldn't get him to try it again, though. Too scary.

All in all, I went down the hill about 12 times. It was hard work, because you have to drag the tube from the bottom of the run, fully halfway back, and up part of the hill until you get to the drag (they hook the drag loop to the drag for you, and you get a leisurely ride up the slope). We did get some of our skiers to try it, and they seemed to enjoy it, too.

Finally, I decided that it was time to go home. It was beautiful at night, and a few stars appeared in the gaps of the clouds. It was fun, but now I know that my son doesn't like it, I doubt we'll be back.

No comments: