Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Overeaters R Us

Why is it that when I am presented with food that I like, I will stuff myself until I cannot physically take another bite, even if I am not hungry?

Today's diary of food:

Breakfast
• two slices of pumpkin bread with margerine. Ug. I don't even like margerine.

Lunch
• salad
• two chicken strips and about eight fries (all that was left in the bag)
I was not even hungry at lunch. At all. Period.

Afternoon snack
• 1 package of Suzy Q's. Again, I was NOT HUNGRY. This, though was completely psychological. My great-grandma Bohn, who I adored and who has been dead for 20 years, used to give me these as a treat when I used to stay with her. She was wonderful, and I miss her.

Supper (this is a doozy) - I repeat! I did not actually have a chance to get hungry before eating this!!!
• Barbequed chicken (two pieces, and I never eat two pieces of chicken EXCEPT if it is cooked this way. If it had been my dad grilling it, I would not have stopped with two...)
• Corn
• baked potato with sour cream and chives (I did use butter spray, which has ZERO calories)

Ten PM snack, I guess you would call it:
• two more slices of pumpkin bread (why, oh why, did I make pumpking bread on Sunday????)

My stomach is going to burst. I will gain 15 pounds over this. I think the reason I ate this much was because I actually did not get hungry at all today. I was eating because I was supposed to, and because the normal cues to quit eating weren't there as I felt full before beginning to eat, I did not know when to stop.

So, the only conclusions to make would be:

1. I am getting really sick, which would explain the lack of appetite,

or

2. I am depressed about something, and am eating to make up for that. You do know that yesterday was statistically the most depressing day of the year, right?

I can't really think of anything that would be depressing me right now, so I am forced to consider that I might actually be getting sick. Which actually is depressing...

I am going to definitely eat lightly tomorrow, and will wait to eat until I am actually hungry. I don't want to feel this icky and bloated tomorrow...

No comments: