Saturday, January 28, 2006

Furious >:\

Last week, my son had his eye exam, and we ordered and paid for his glasses. In full. I was told it would be a week until they came in. Specifically, I was told they would be here today. Saturday.

I planned my whole day around having to go to Fort Dodge to pick them up. I called this morning, and was told that they were not in yet, but they might arrive with the late afternoon delivery, and they would call when they got there.

I puttered around the house, did a few loads of laundry, went grocery shopping, and watched a couple of movies with my son.

At three, I decided to call them back.

The helpful lady on the phone checked the tracking and saw that they were still in the finishing stage. They had not been shipped yet. Once they are finished, they are shipped overnight. Which means even if they get finished today, they will not get there until Monday at the earliest. We won't be able to pick them up until Tuesday evening, and that's IF they are open long enough.

I am upset and angry for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I was told they would be ready for pick up today. What makes me angry is that the woman I talked to this morning did not even check the tracking to see if they were even shipped. I would not be angry at all, would have accepted it, and planned something fun for today to take my son's mind off of his disappointment.

It would also have been better if they would have told me that it could take longer. I have two very full days at the beginning of next week. My son really needs his glasses, so we'll just have to work it out. It just would have been easier if they had come in today like they were supposed to.

I'm still mad, but I am not going to let this get to me. Time for relaxation technique #367: pretending I am on the moon, far from any Wal-Marts... (further proof that trying to save money does not actually save any money).

No comments: