Sunday, January 01, 2006

Situation = Normal

What is normal, anyway?

The Day After Tomorrow, I will return to work. The day after the day after tomorrow, my son returns to school. A week from tomorrow, classes resume at the university, and free time as I know it will take on a different dimension.

Routines are key to keeping things running around here, and those routines have been shot to heck the last ten days. My son, who is normally an early riser, has been getting up at ten or so. I've been setting my alarm for a more decent hour, but have revelled in being able to turn it off and sleep just a little longer. I've been dreaming the most amazing, vivid dreams, and have been very well rested for the first time in ages.

I have also been bored out of my mind more times than I can count. The fun has outweighed the boring, luckily, and I did get to spend time with friends and family :)

Here's a toast to normality, in all its comforting glory!

No comments: