Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mom makes everything better. Always.

So, after getting all worked up over the dumb glasses not being ready, I sat down, cooled off, and watched part of a movie with my son. At about four, I finally tossed the remote aside, and told my son to put on his shoes, we were going to my sister's house.

My mom is babysitting my nephew tonight. This originally was going to be my job, but then their plans were changed to an overnight stay at a hotel with some friends. This ended up being a good plan, as the fog is so thick outside that visibility is minimal. But anyway, when Kim asked earlier this week, I was not feeling the greatest, and not up to my usual enthusiasm for babysitting overnight. I had already agreed to babysit from 6 pm until whenever they got home (usually around 1am), but I was not up for an overnight.

So, my mom stepped in. It's a good thing, too, because my nephew is getting a really bad cold, and now my sister and her husband's plan are to get home tomorrow afternoon instead of morning.

My mom and I were able to have a nice long talk tonight, about all sorts of things. I feel a lot better now than I did when I wrote the last post. I got to play with my nephew quite a bit, including chasing him around the kitchen and dining area when he had a full icky diaper, while mom was on the phone to my brother-in-law, asking which diapers were the night-time ones. That was very funny :) I could have held him, but I didn't want to chance something leaking out on me :) I think babies and little kids just naturally help me relax. I can't be unhappy around tiny kids.

I can't wait to see them tomorrow, too.

No comments: