Friday, January 20, 2006

VHS = HELL

Awhile back, I taped the season two marathon of Battlestar Galactica. Last Sunday, we finally got to watch several episodes. The quality was blah, but they were watchable.

There were about five episodes on the first tape.

We are now into the second tape.

Every couple of minutes, the tape rolls and is just crappy. We're missing dialog, key parts of the action, and subtleties that are cruicial to the story.

The story is so good, and so absorbing, that it is ticking me off to no end that I somehow managed to grab a tape that is faulty.

That's it. I am looking into a Tivo.

2 comments:

nerdrium said...

Have you tried BitTorrent? It usually doesn't work well for non-geeky shows, but for something like Battlestar Galactica I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't find those episodes.

And usually in high def, without commercials. :)

G.--

jennifer said...

I may have to do that. The problem with the marathon that I taped is that there are obviously episodes missing, but I am not sure where... I'll just have to take a look...