Monday, January 16, 2006

Love the hoppy, malty beer smell...

So, after I posted earlier today, I decided to make a loaf of beer bread to go with this massive amount of spinach dip that I made the other day. I had left out one of the two beers that were in my refrigerator from god-knows-when, so it was nice and warm. I have this recipe down so I don't have to look it up, even though I've only made it a few times. When you see the recipe, you'll understand.

1 - 12oz. can (or bottle, I'm a purist) beer, warm - brand of your preference
3 cups self-rising flour
3 tablespoons sugar

Mix sugar and flour, then add beer. Stir until combined. Pour dough into a large loaf pan, and bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes. Let cool, then cut up into bit sized pieces. Serve with spinach dip or another dip of your choice.

It's good, but it tends to leave a beer smell in the house that seems to be quite overwhelming for the fact that only one beer was harmed in the making of it. In fact, the house smells somewhat like a bar right now. Which sucks. Of course the bread turned out wonderful, as always. I ate a bunch of it with dip for supper.

I am sure that I smelled like beer at the meeting tonight.

So I just wanted you all to know it was the bread's fault.

No comments: