Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fuzzy Logic

I am on day two of the reduced caffeine part of my diet plans. I had one 24 oz dt. pepsi today. There is no more dt. pepsi in the house.

My brain feels fuzzy and I have a bit of a headache starting.

Did you know that the industrial revolution would have been nearly impossible without that most wonderful of discoveries: coffee.

You see, people used to drink wine as freely as we drink... well... coffee and such. The water was bad, as in you'd get sick and possibly die bad. So, they drank various brews, and were pretty much in a bit of a fog most of the time. No wonder they thought the earth was flat and the sun and stars revolved around us...

Anyway, with coffee, people found that they felt much more alert, and soon coffee houses sprouted up, and more and more people switched from wine to caffeine.

Okay, I may not have all of the details on this, but my son and I were watching something on discovery about it, and I had used that as a justification for continuing with my caffeine addiction.

I'll give it two more days, but with this being the beginning of the semester, I need to be sharp rather than in a caffeine deprived haze.

I want my diet pepsi!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and then in the mid to late 1800s there were the cocawines and patent medicines out of which Coca-Cola came. It used extract from the coca plant (where cocaine comes from) and the kola nut. After cocaine was outlawed they change to using "spent" coca leaves...
Of course, you prefer Caleb Bradham's (Brad's Drink) of pepsin and kola.

...something from the History Channel

DC