Monday, July 10, 2006

The Advair Problem

Remember how I may have said that the Advair was working great?

Well, let's make a list of why this is not so anymore:

1. Coughing up phlegm (eeewwww)
2. Coughing in general
3. My voice is higher and strained, and when I try to speak louder, it is shrill and unpleasent.
4. I still can't flippin' breathe.
5. I feel like I have cold water in my lungs. You know, like when you accidentally inhale pool water. All of the time.
6. Headaches. Daily.
7. Nervousness
8. Insomnia, even when I am very tired.
9. I bruise very easily, and scratches and such are not healing normally.

So, when I see my doctor in a couple of weeks for a check-up on the new meds, this is one that I am giving up. I can handle carrying around an albuteral inhaler, or maybe she can actually do some tests to see if it is really asthma (my dad was joking that it was lung cancer, from all of those cigarettes - I have smoked two cigarettes in my entire life, as he well knows. It's actually a good sign, that he's joking about it - his brother died of lung cancer three years ago).

Yes, I would like to know what is really going on with my lungs. If it's really asthma, then I guess I'll just have to live with it, albeit with a different medication. If it's not, then I'll deal with that, too. I already have a game plan for that situation (two relatives died of insanely bad cancers, less than a year apart, makes you think...).

Tonight, I was wondering how I was ever going to get to do everything that I wanted to do this summer, when I am feeling so crappy and worn down. I look like crap, too. So happy about that.

Oh well, time to quit whining and TRY to get some sleep. 6:30 am is shockingly close...

No comments: